Export Advantage’s focus is establishing effective in-market trading platforms for exporters. Whether exporters are entering a new export market, or want to change their strategy in an export market, Export Advantage will ensure in-market trading platforms are operationally efficient, regulation compliant, and optimize returns to the NZ shareholders.
With exporters focused on both their product and the demand for their product, it is often the practical aspects of trading infrastructure that are worked through at the last minute. Without research and an understanding of the local market’s formal and informal rules, additional time and costs can be incurred. This could be something as seemingly simple as opening a local bank account, or as complex as breaching regulations and being prohibited from transacting business (or incurring fines and penalties).
Avoiding these issues, and the many potential issues in between, requires research, planning and detailed implementation with the client project team to:
- Decide the preferred business model
- Create legal entities / formalize relationship with business partners
- Identify triggers for regulatory compliance, and where necessary, register and develop systems for continued compliance
- Find the required local resources (premises, personnel, logistics, local advisor network), understand how to negotiate these resources
- Establish in-market and NZ-based systems and processes to support the in-market business model (sales, logistics, inventory, CRM, financial)
- Prepare trading documents and their terms and conditions, meeting local regulations and the business’s requirements (employment, sales, leases)
Export Advantage complements the exporter’s product and market knowledge with practical know-how of deciding the structure of their in-market business, and implementation of the desired trading solution.
Companies using Export Advantage get a NZ-based resource with:
- The expertise to ask pertinent questions of in-market advisors
- The experience of establishing effective trading platforms in North & South America, Europe and Australia, and
- A network of trusted international advisors to call on
Export Advantage’s principal is Karen Taylor, who has over 25 years’ experience in financial management and leadership.
Contact Karen by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone:+64 (0)21 546 307